With Continuous glucose monitoring (CGM), you get a more complete picture of your glucose levels, which can lead to better treatment decisions and better glucose control.
Benefits of CGM:
A blood glucose meter only provides a brief “snapshot” of your glucose level at a single moment in time. A CGM device gives you a greater view of your glucose trends. CGM provides you with:
- The direction your glucose levels are going
- Early notification of oncoming lows and highs
- Alerts for lows or highs while you are sleeping or anytime
- Insights into how food, physical activity, medication, and illness impact your diabetes
CGM can provide valuable information at crucial points during the day, including before and during exercise, prior to driving, before test/exam-taking, and in the middle of the night. It is still required to check blood glucose levels with a fingerstick before therapy adjustment.
As part of the MiniMed™ 770G system, CGM offers:
- Up to 7 days of wear
- Easy insertion
- Flexible design that moves with your body
Continuous glucose monitoring
- Glucose readings every five minutes, right on your pump
- Tracks your levels throughout the day, showing the effects of food, exercise and other activities
- Up-to-date information that makes it easier to spot trends and make adjustments
- Timely notifications when you’re going high or low
- Adjustable volume for greater convenience
CGM starter kit includes:
- Guardian™ Link 3 Transmitter
- Guardian™ Link 3 Charger
- Guardian™ Link 3 Test Plug
NOTE: This starter kit is only compatible with MiniMed™ 770G insulin pump.